Use of the Card:
1. The Sooner OneCard is the official identification card for the University. The Sooner OneCard is issued by OUHSC to Cardholder only, and is non-transferable.
2. Use of the Sooner OneCard may be revoked at the University’s sole discretion for violation of University policies and procedures. Faculty and staff must relinquish the card upon separation from the University. Access to facility and service privileges of the University will be deactivated when student, faculty or staff status is terminated.
3. The Sooner OneCard must be presented upon request at the time of use to obtain services or to establish official University status.
4. The Sooner OneCard is to be used only by the person to whom it is issued. Only the Cardholder can present the Card for debit and other privileges. The Sooner OneCard may be confiscated if presented by someone other than the Cardholder.
5. There is no provision for signature on the Sooner OneCard. Additional identification or signature may be required for certain purposes.
6. The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Student Code and Employee Staff Handbook govern the use of the Sooner OneCard. Misuse of the Sooner OneCard may be referred to the applicable office for disposition.
7. There is a fee for replacing identification cards that have been lost, stolen or maliciously damaged. ^Top
Use of the Debit Account Function:
1. In general, there are no limitations on the number of times the Sooner Sense Debit Account may be used for purchases or the dollar amounts of those purchases, so long as Cardholder maintains an adequate balance in Cardholder’s account. However, we may assert limits to prevent stolen card abuse.
2. Sooner Sense Debit Accounts may be used for purchases at locations participating in the program.
3. The participant may be required to sign a receipt for goods or services. ^Top
Error Resolution with Merchants:
Errors on receipts from local on and off-campus merchants should be first addressed with that merchant. In addition, if Cardholder is unable to resolve error with the merchant, follow the steps below:
1. Errors on receipts must be reported to the OneCard Office no later than sixty (60) days after the error occurred. Errors that are reported orally must be followed by a written notification within ten (10) business days.
2. Cardholder name, identification number, transaction description, transaction date and dollar amount must be provided when errors are reported.
3. The Sooner OneCard Office will investigate recorded errors. The results of the investigation will ordinarily be made available within ten (10) business days of notification; however, if needed, the University may take up to forty-five (45) days to conduct the investigation.
4. The Sooner OneCard Office will correct errors within twenty-four (24) hours of determination and Cardholders will be notified. If no error is found, a written explanation will be provided within three (3) business days after the close of the investigation.
5. In the event a merchant places a hold or deducts an amount different from the amount of purchase(s), the Sooner OneCard Office will work with the Cardholder and the Merchant to address the discrepancy.
6. Copies of any documentation considered by the University during the investigation will be provided upon written request. ^Top
It is the Cardholder's responsibility to keep track of spending in the Sooner Sense Debit Account Program. If the Cardholder attempts to use the Account when there are not enough funds in the Sooner Sense Debit Account, the transaction will not be approved. However, should the rare occasion arise when, due to a systems problem or otherwise, a purchase occurs with not enough funds in the Sooner Sense Debit Account (creating a "shortage" or "negative amount"), the "owed" funds will automatically be deducted from the next deposit. Alternatively, the Sooner OneCard Office may bill the Cardholder's Bursar Account for a negative balance that is on the system for more than five (5) days. The Sooner OneCard Office is entitled to freeze any funds remaining in a Sooner Sense Debit Account in the event a check or credit card charge submitted to us in payment is returned unpaid. Repeated cases of shortages or negative amounts will be grounds for cancellation of participation in the Sooner Sense Debit Account Program. In the event the University must retain a collection agency to collect negative amounts from the Cardholder, the Cardholder may be assessed, collection fees in addition to the negative amount. ^Top
Lost/Stolen or Unauthorized Card Usage:
1. Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to the Sooner OneCard Office. Cardholder can suspend the card via the web based system at sooner1card.blackboard.com at any time. Suspended cards must be presented to the OneCard Office for reactivation during stated office hours.
2. The replacement fee for lost, stolen or damaged cards is $15. Replacement of a card when there is a change of the Cardholder status, change of name or change of identification number is free. The old card must be presented in exchange; otherwise there is a $15 charge.
3. Students, Faculty and Staff may pay for the replacement fee with cash, check, or credit card. ^Top
Account Usage/Account Statements:
The Cardholder may obtain a printout of transactions from their Sooner Sense Debit Account at the Sooner OneCard Office during stated office hours. Account transaction information may also be accessed via the web based system at sooner1card.blackboard.com at any time. Information includes: the amount of funds remaining in the account, recent transactions, and any recent deposits to the account. ^Top
When Cardholder happens to have in their possession more than one identification card, only one of the cards are valid at any given time. Access to University facilities may be denied: if your account is frozen by the University for administrative reasons, you deactivate your account, or if your card's magnetic stripe is damaged and will not scan. The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is not liable for any changes made to your Sooner Sense Debit Account after it is lost or stolen. ^Top