The Association was created in July 2017 by the Core Faculty OUHSC IPEC group.
The mission of the OUHSC Interprofessional Educators and Practitioners Association (“IEPA” or “the Association”) is to organize, recognize, and advocate for faculty, staff, and students to pursue interprofessional collaboration in all aspects of healthcare at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
Goals of the Association
- Develop a formal faculty development program to ensure that all faculty have education and training in the four domains of IPEC Competencies.
- Promote the development of interprofessional education in the classroom, as well as inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Recognize/reward faculty for interprofessional education, practice and research which prepares our students for collaborative practice upon graduation.
- “Transforming how we work together to improve people’s health.”
We develop interprofessionally-prepared, “team ready” collaborative health care professionals who deliver patient-centered care.
Benefits of Membership in IEPA
- Opportunities for networking with OU Faculty to develop and or enhance interprofessional practice opportunities, interprofessional educational opportunities and research opportunities to support career development goals in promotion and tenure.
- Special consideration for Wisdom Family Foundation Interprofessional Education Research Seed Grants to support interest in pursuing scholarly activities.
- Eligibility for Provost’s Award for Interprofessional Leadership
- Increased knowledge and access to various healthcare resources to enhance outcomes of patient care.