Immigration Regulations Update – January 5, 2004

Please make sure that you always give your current local address and correct email to the Office of Admissions and Records. INS and OUHSC require your correct local address in order to inform you about changes in laws, events, etc.

Entry of F-2 Dependents into the US

The F-2 spouse or minor children are each issued a separate I-20 . It shows the F-1’s information on the upper left of the I-20 and the dependents information on the upper right. Dependents who enter the U.S. after the F-1 student must be able to show that the “F-1 Student has been admitted to the U.S. and is, or will be within 30 days, enrolled in a full course of study or engaged in approved practical training following completion of studies.” We recommend that dependents who enter after F-1 student also carry a good standing letter from the university showing that the student has enrolled or will enroll in 30 days or is on optional practical training. We recommend that dependents have a photocopy of the student’s stamped I-20 and a copy of the EAD card if the student is on practical training.

The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity institution Disclaimer Copyright