Immigration Regulations Update – January 5, 2004

Please make sure that you always give your current local address and correct email to the Office of Admissions and Records. INS and OUHSC require your correct local address in order to inform you about changes in laws, events, etc.

Full-Time Enrollment
All international students in F-1 status must be enrolled full-time during fall and spring semesters. This means 12 credit hours for undergraduates and 9 credit hours for graduate students. Summer is considered vacation so there is no full-time enrollment requirement.

(Graduate Research Assistants are required to enroll in 6 semester hours for Fall and Spring).

There are a few times when you may be enrolled part-time. This includes initial academic or English difficulty, medical problems (which must be significant and documented by a physician), and the final semester (if you only need 1or 2 classes to complete your degree).

Any part-time enrollment must be authorized in advance by the immigration advisor and entered in the new SEVIS database. Failure to do this will cause you to violate your legal status in the U.S.

The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity institution Disclaimer Copyright