Transfer Credit is approved when courses completed from previous institutions of higher education may be used to fill a prerequisite or be used to meet a general education requirement. To help in your educational planning, the University of Oklahoma Office of Admissions has developed course equivalency tables for the two-year and some four-year colleges in Oklahoma. Transfer courses that do not have an exact OU equivalent, but have been approved for general education credit, also appear on this list.
Courses that have no OU equivalent still will transfer to the University and often can be applied toward a degree. The course may substitute for required courses or transfer as elective credit. The degree-granting college will evaluate all transfer courses for equivalency and determine how each course will apply toward the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center degree. If a transfer course has not been approved for equivalency previously, it is necessary to begin the petition process with a completed Petition for Transfer Course Review Form and syllabus. The instructions and mailing address are included on the form. Use one form for each course to be reviewed.
Upon receipt, the Office of Admissions and Records, in accordance with the current University of Oklahoma course evaluator guidelines, will review the petition content and the course syllabus for equivalency to the corresponding OU course. The Office of Admissions and Records may approve or deny equivalency, or recommend the course be considered for substitution by the degree granting college. Once a determination is made by the University, the petitioner will be notified.
Military Service Credit
The University awards credit for educational experience during military service according to the recommendations of the American Council on Education as published in the Guide to the Evaluation of Military Experiences in the Armed Services. Policies governing the acceptance of credit awarded for military experience toward satisfying degree requirements vary among the degree-granting colleges of the University. Students should contact their college academic advisement office for specific information on the applicability of this type of credit toward degree requirements. General questions concerning the evaluation of educational experience in the armed services should be directed to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Office of Admissions and Records.
The grade of S (satisfactory) is assigned to all credit awarded for military training.
Students may submit the following military records to verify successful completion of military training to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Office of Admissions and Records for review:
1. Army personnel and veterans who entered active duty or reserve personnel starting on or after October 1, 1981 — submit an Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript (AARTS). AARTS transcripts can be ordered by contacting the AARTS Office, Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027-5010. You may also call 1-866-297-4427 or visit their website: http://aarts.army.mil/.
2. Army veterans who entered active duty or reserve prior to October 1, 1981 — submit a DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and certificates of completion for all service schools attended.
3. Navy active duty, reserve and veterans who have separated since January 1975, and Marine Corps active duty, reserve and veterans who have separated since October 1, 1990 — submit a Sailor/Marine/Ace Registry Transcript (SMART). SMART transcripts can be ordered through your local Navy College Office or Marine Corps Education Center. For further information, contact SMART Operations Center NETPDTC N2, 6490 Saufley Field Road, Pensacola, FL 32504-5204. You may also call (toll free) 1-877-253-7122 or visit their website: https://smart.navy.mil/smart/.
4. Navy active duty, reserve and veterans, who were separated before January 1975, and Marine Corps active duty, reserve and veterans who were separated before October 1990 — submit a DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and certificates of completion for all service schools attended.
5. BOOST Transcripts can be obtained by contacting: Broadened Opportunity for Officer Selection and Training, 197 Elliot Ave., Newport, RI 02841-1623. Commercial: (401) 841-1623; DSN: 948-7948.
6. Air Force personnel and veterans should request an official transcript from the Community College of the Air Force for work taken as an undergraduate or from the Air University for work taken as a graduate student. Community College of the Air Force transcripts may be ordered by sending a request in writing to CCAF/RRR, 130 West Maxwell Blvd., Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6613, phone number (334) 953-2794 (DSN 493-2794). You may also visit their website at http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/. Air University transcripts may be obtained by writing to the Registrar’s Office, 50 South Turner Blvd., Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, AL 36118-5643.
7. U.S. Coast Guard — Submit a U.S. Coast Guard Institute transcript. To request a U.S. Coast Guard Institute transcript, you may visit the following website: http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg1/cgi/active_duty/go_to_college/official_transcript.asp, call (405) 954-0072, or write: U.S. Coast Guard Institute, 5900 SW 64th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73169-6990. If you are unable to obtain a U.S. Coast Guard Institute transcript, you may submit a DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and certificates of completion for all service schools attended.
8. DANTES — Students may also request a transcript from DANTES (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support) or USAFI (United States Armed Forces Institute -- tests taken prior to July 1, 1979). Many tests taken under the auspices of DANTES carry American Council on Education credit recommendations recognized by the University. Official DANTES transcripts may be ordered from Thomson Prometric, P.O. Box 6604, Princeton, NJ 08451-6604. Official USAFI transcripts may be obtained from Thomson Prometric, P.O. Box 6605, Princeton, NJ 08451-6605. Web site: http://getcollegecredit.com/
9. DD Form 295. If you are not able to obtain one of the transcripts listed above, active duty personnel should submit a DD Form 295, Application for the Evaluation of Learning Experiences During Military Service.
Applicants must be in the process of successfully completing a minimum of 60-67 semester hours of required coursework to fulfill State Regents, university and departmental requirements. Check with the degree-granting college/department for a comprehensive list of the prerequisite.
Transfer Credit Processing Specialist
Petition for Transfer Course Review Form
Use one form for each course being evaluated.
Attach a copy of the syllabus