"Hypercoagulable States in Young Adults with Ischemic Stroke in a Stroke Belt State"
Sarah Durica, MD
1. Define ischemic stroke and its impact in the US.
2. Examine the stroke belt with regards to location and significance in the US.
3. List etiologies of acute ischemic stroke and their importance regarding secondary stroke prevention.
"Clinical Characteristics of Stroke Alert Patients to Differentiate Between Acute Ischemic Stroke vs Stroke Mimics"
Mausaminben Hathidara, MD
1. Outline the treatment for acute ischemic stroke.
2. List the major studies that proved the efficacy of IV TPA and thrombectomy.
3. Describe clinical characteristics of stroke alert patients.
4. List common stroke mimics.
"Contrast-Induced Nephropathy in Stroke and Noncerebrovascular Patients After Contrast-Enhanced Imaging"
Jason King, MD
1. Define contrast-induced nephropathy.
2. Describe the pathophysiology of contrast-induced nephropathy.