Jessica Fesler, MD, PGY-2 Neurology Resident
Aaron Farrow, MD, PGY-3 Neurology Resident
John Wedlake, MD, PGY-2 Neurology Resident
Blaine Bendure, MD, PGY-2 Neurology Resident
1. Identify some atypical presentations and discuss why misdiagnosis is commonplace.
2. Review imaging findings and treatment options.
3. Translate the information into clinical practice in order to avoid delayed diagnosis and unnecessary morbidity for our patients.
4. Classify patients with recurrent ischemic strokes into etiologic subtypes.
5. Assess patients with cryptogenic index stroke and subsequent identifiable stroke etiology.
6. Evaluate if and why patients move amongst different ischemic stroke subtypes.
7. Describe case presentation of 1 patient with West Nile Virus (WNV) infection and neuroinvasive disease.
8. Explain aspects of WNV including epidemiology, virology & clinical manifestations of human infection.
9. Assess management options for patients with WNV encephalitis/cerebellitis.
10. Distinguish between HIV associated dementia and mild cognitive motor disorder.
11. List treatment options for patients with HIV associated dementia.