Emergency Communication System (ECS)
The Emergency Communication System (ECS) enables the University to directly inform you of emergency situations that could affect you and the campus.
- These urgent messages will be transmitted to all available phone, email and text messaging options listed for your account.
- The messages will provide information and instructions for action during a given situation.
Update or review your contact information using the following links.
The effectiveness of the ECS is dependent on the accuracy of the contact information in the system.
- Enter a personal cell phone number as your primary cell phone and select the “Text Message” option for this number.
- Note that you may incur additional charges for text messaging on your cell phone depending on your service provider.
View step-by-step instructions on the following pages.
How does an identified campus affiliate update their ECS information?
- Identified representatives of affiliated organizations should call HSC Campus Police at (405) 271-4300 to update contact information.
The ECS uses contact information from several campus information applications.
- Information from these applications is transmitted nightly to update the ECS system.
- This information will not be shared with other entities and it will be kept private and confidential.
OUHSC Campus Police will test the system three times a year.
- These messages will be clearly identified as test messages from the Emergency Communication System.