Helpful Information & Tools
- Instructions for Applying for Financial Aid - find some basic aid application guidelines here
- Financial Awareness Counseling - found at studentloans.gov, the Department of Education has created a useful tool for students to use to summarize their federal debt and to utilize budgeting tools
- Repayment Estimator - found at studentloans.gov, and upon logging in with your PIN, borrower-specific loan information can be retrieved from the National Student Loan Data System, giving the user preliminary repayment plan eligibility information and estimated repayment amounts
- US Department of Education - loan calculators and repayment details charts
- Oklahoma College Assistance Program - general loan and budget calculators
- Ready Set Repay - a loan repayment initiative by the Oklahoma College Assistance Program that includes features and tools to empower student loan borrowers
- Direct Deposit - to set up direct deposit, please click here. Students not signed up for direct deposit will receive their refunds by paper check, via the USPS.
- FSA ID - the FSA ID is required for FAFSA completion, to log on to NSLDS, and to log onto studentloans.gov
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - the Federal application must be completed every year for consideration for aid
- The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) - contains a student's complete Federal aid (loans and grants) history, and the ability for a user to report his in-school status and update his address
- Studentloans.gov - the site to complete entrance counseling, a Stafford Master Promissory Note, apply for a PLUS loan, and general aid information regarding borrowing, loan consolidation, loan forgiveness, deferment and repayment options, and more information regarding managing student loan debt.
- Alternative loan lender list - find OUHSC's list of recommended private loan lenders
- Academic Progress Review Form - required for those appealing a financial aid suspension due to unsatisfactory academic progress
- Academic Scholar Program recipients who are transferring to HSC and have remaining eligibility must complete the appropriate form and submit it to the Academic Scholars Program at the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
- Cost of Living Increase Worksheet - this form, and adequate supporting documentation, is required from students requesting an increase in the cost of living component of the cost of attendance
- Deferment Forms - provides the information and pdf files for deferment and forbearance options
- Dependent Care Verification Form - required for students requesting an increase in the cost of attendance due to child care expenses
- Direct Deposit Form - only the original form can be processed. Scanned or faxed copies cannot be accepted.
- Financial Aid Summer Application 2015 - for students requesting aid in Summer when enrollment is optional rather than required
- Financial Aid Transcript - to be completed for institutions requiring a Financial Aid Transcript from students
- Institutional Exit Counseling Form - to be completed upon graduation or when enrollment drops below half-time for students who borrowed institutional (non-federal) funds
- Loan Application Self-Certification Form - to be completed by the prospective borrower of a private loan or other non-federal student debt (excluding Lew Wentz loans)
- Verification Information and Forms - descriptions of the verification process, options for retrieving information, and forms to be completed by students selected for verification