1. I’ve heard that the Privacy Regulations give patients certain rights. What are they?
Pursuant to the HIPAA Privacy Regulations, patients have the right to:
1. Receive a copy of OU's Notice of Privacy Practices;
2. Request restrictions on disclosures by OU of their (“PHI”);
3. Request OU to use an alternative means of communicating PH to them;
4. Inspect and obtain copies of their PHI from OU;
5. Request OU to make amendments to their PHI; and
6. Receive an accounting of disclosures by OU of their PHI.
Return to FAQ List