About the Health Club
The University Health Club is a premier health and fitness facility. The facility occupies 80,000 square feet of space, incorporating the latest technological advancements in fitness and wellness.
The University Health Club is open to OUHSC students, faculty, staff and the public. The mission of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center University Health Club is to provide the best possible experience for the students, faculty, staff, and community members to achieve their optimal health, improve physical and mental performance and enhance their lifestyles.
We are located on The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center campus, on the south west corner of 8th Street and Lincoln Blvd.
The following is a summary list of the facilities you will find at the University Health Club.
Four lane, 25-meter, salt water swimming pool and jacuzzi.
Multi-use, full size basketball court with hardwood floors.
Group Fitness Studio
Spacious area designed to accommodate aerobic activities, yoga, etc.
Spacious men and women’s locker rooms each with steam room and dry sauna, lockers, vanities, and other amenities.
Selectorized Weight Training
A wide variety of selectorized weight machines used for resistance training in the core, lower, and upper body.
Free Weight Training
Spacious free weights and circuit training areas with the latest in strength training equipment including free and plate loaded equipment.
Features a variety of aerobic equipment including, treadmills, stair climbers, stationary and recumbent bicycles, elliptical trainers, rowing machines, and 10 flat screen televisions.
Racquetball and Squash Courts
Regulation size, glass-enclosed courts with soundproof walls.
Indoor Rock Climbing Wall
THE CLIMBING WALL IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR ANNUAL MAINTENANCE AND INSPECTIONS..
10 auto-belays and over 700 holds covering our MozaiK style climbing wall.
CLIMBING WALL IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
|M - 11:30a-1:30p - 6:00p-8:00p
||Sa - 12:00p-2:00p
|Tu - 11:30a-1:30p - 6:00p-8:00p
||Su - 2:00p-4:00p
|W - 11:30a-1:30p - 6:00p-8:00p
|Th - 11:30a-1:30p - 6:00p-8:00p
|F - 11:30a-1:30p - 6:00p-8:00p
General Facility and Equipment Rules
- Any Member/Guest who conducts themselves in unbecoming manner, or who violates any of the Membership Rules may be denied service OR have their Membership suspended or forfeited.
- No inappropriate or offensive behavior.
- Do not drop weights (I.E. dumbbells, selectorized weight stacks).
- Put weights and equipment away after use.
- Clean equipment after use with the disposable anti-bacterial wipes.
- Proper exercise attire is required at all times. This includes, but not limited to full-foot covering athletic shoes, shirt, and shorts/pants.
- No scrub uniforms allowed in exercise areas.
- Photo ID is required by all guests entering the health club.
- Each guest is charged $15.00 per visit.
- All guests are subject to the same rules and regulations as a member of the University Health Club.
- Guests who are accompanied by University Health Club Members are allowed for $5.00 on Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays. All guests not accompanied by a member will be charged $15.
- No guests are allowed at the University Research Park Health Club.
- Children 8 & under are not allowed.
- Members' children over the age of 9 & under the age of 18 are allowed to be guests and/or full health club members, but are restricted to direct parental supervision while in the University Health Club.
- Children over the age of 9 & under the age of 18 must have the release of liability form signed by a parent or guardian.
Basketball, Racquetball, and Squash Court Rules
- Athletic clothing and non-marking shoes are required at all times.
- Absolutely no food, drink, or chewing gum allowed on the courts.
- No spitting on the courts.
- Profanity, suggestive language, and aggressive behavior are prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- The basketball court will be divided into half-court use during times of heavy usage, except when designated for full court.
- Winning basketball team may stay on the court for no more than two consecutive games if others are waiting.
- Jump roping is prohibited on the basketball court.
- Dunking and hanging on the basketball goal rims are prohibited.
- Book bags, gym bags, and other personal belongings are prohibited on and around the basketball court and must be stored in a locker.
- Court activities, excluding basketball, volleyball, racquetball, squash, and soccer must be approved by facility personnel.
- Eye guards are required on the racquetball courts.
- Court usage is subject to change.
Climbing Wall Rules and Regulations
- All climbers must complete a Waiver and Release form before being allowed to climb.
- The Climbing Wall will only be open during designated hours, and when an employee is present at the climbing wall.
- All climbers must complete the Basic/Climbing orientation class and demonstrate a basic understanding of climbing safety to the staff before climbing.
- Climbers may not sign for anyone other than themselves.
- No more than 15 people in the climbing area at one time.
- Member’s children between the ages of 9 and 13 are allowed to climb and be in the climbing area under parental supervision.
- Member’s children 14 years and older are allowed access to the climbing wall during the designated hours of operation.
- Climber 17 years of age or younger must have a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature on the Release of Liability Agreement before being allowed to climb.
- Respect your fellow climbers. Take turns on auto belay and respect the use of wall space per each rope.
- No food or beverages allowed on the climbing floor, except water in a non-breakable bottle with an attached lid.
- No private instruction allowed.
- Any infractions of the above rules will result in loss of privileges.
- All personal belongings must be kept in the lockers provided in the locker room.
- Please report any unsafe wall conditions to UHC staff.
- Only climbing footwear must be worn at all times – no bare feet!
- Climbers are allowed to use personal climbing gear. This includes UIAA approved harnesses, climbing shoes and chalk bags. All personal gear must be inspected and approved by Climbing Wall staff.
- Locking carabiners, harnesses, and helmets will be provided. Chalk will not be provided.
- Equipment damage and damages should be reported to staff immediately.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- No large or dangly jewelry permitted while climbing. No rings on fingers.
- Climbing with headphones is prohibited.
- Harnesses must be snug with belt above the hips and worn to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Pockets must be emptied out before climbing.
- All members inside the Climbing Wall area agree to abide by the Safety Policies.
- Any climber whose behavior calls into question his/her ability to climb safely will be asked to stop climbing immediately.
- Only the University Health Club staff are authorized to adjust, move or remove holds. All climbers will comply with the judgment of staff.
- Never sit, stand, or walk under climbers.
- Do not put fingers into bolt hangers.
- Never throw carabiners, belay devices, helmets, or any other gear.
- Horse play of any kind will not be tolerated.
- No swinging on the ropes or running.
- Head should not go past auto belay.
- Willful disregard of safety policies may result in revocation of climbing, bouldering or belaying privileges.
- Climb with caution and at your own risk.
- Any climber trying to climb on the railing over the basketball court will be asked to get down and to leave the climbing wall area.
- Do not climb directly above or below another participant.
- Please report any injuries to UHC staff.
*The University Health Club is not an institution-operated recreational facility.